It was rather an uneventful week here. Grandpa has been playing with Timmy while N and C go to A. Karen's art class on Mondays.
This week they worked a bit on cutting and hauling wood from some of the Wildwood trees/branches that went down in a strong wind last week.
Dad helped out with painting one day at Cov. Harbor...it was another absolutely gorgeous week weather-wise. And the trees have remained beautiful now with more golds that are outstanding in the sunshine. I practiced with the worship team a couple of times at Neal's. -kinda fun to be learning a new instrument-and for the Kingdom. On Thursday we both helped out all day on a big mailing at Cov. Harbor with 23 others.
It was fun to try out N and C's jacuzzi one eve. Dad had been in before, but I wanted to get in at least once before the snow falls.
We are attending an Anchor small group on Wed. nights which is actually a Video done by a NP seminary professor, so we are learning tons. I am going to a ladies' study that Karen is leading on Fri. aft., also, called "strengthening your faith".
Dad washed the car today, and I peeled apples from my friend Lynn for pie and cobbler. Oh, I forgot that our condo roof was completely reshingled this week...lots of pounding, etc., but hopefully it was done right this time!
I just finished a "#1 New York Times Bestseller" tonight.
If at all possible, see if you can get a hold of a copy from a friend or the library. I would love to hear what you have to say about it!
It is called THE SHACK by WM. Paul Young.
Eugene Peterson's comment on the cover is: "This book has the potential to do for our generation what John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress did for his. It's that good." -easy to read. I read it in 2 days...well, of course, I have a little more time than the rest of you.
More nice weather is predicted for this week. Be sure you all get out to vote!!
No comments:
Post a Comment