I pretty much celebrated yesterday ...Neal and Cyndie and the kids invited us for a great breakfast party.
It looks like a lot of snow possible the next couple of days...makes the cardinals so outstanding.
I saw the ENT (throat specialist) on Monday in MKE and go the good report that my swallower seems to be working well. However , I am still coughing lots, so I guess the next step will be to see an allergist next Monday (15th). I am thankful that each individual part of my body seems to be working OK. so if I don't come up with an allergic reason, we will consider possibly going to Mayo where they check out the whole person.
It is fun to have Cyndie over to work on some of her Christmas sewing. Great that all of the family will be able to get together this year. Karen and I did some Walmart shopping on Wed., but I still have a few more things-maybe at the Dollar store for the"stocking stuffers".
Thursday AM I brought gingerbread dough over to Karen's "cookie bake" and that night I was privileged to be invited along with Cyndie over to the annual ladies' Christmas dinner/program at Calvary church. Dad was a "bell ringer" at Walmart on Friday for the Salvation Army...put on about everythng he had including down mittens and stayed pretty warm in the extreme cold.
Tonight he is helping out with the "soup supper/carol sing" over at Havenwood. -actually taking my place leading the singing. Do pray for our friend Marlene who is stuggling with sudden serious cancer. -and for wisdom on my crazy cough. We are definitely walkin' in a winter wonderland! Have a good week everyone..and safe travel Amy and Jane.
1 comment:
oh man, i SOOO wish you would have taken a pix of dad dressed in his entire wardrobe, big smile and ringing the S.A. bell!
thanks for the pretty pix of your snow and for bloggin momma!
love you
Post a Comment