Sunday, December 14, 2008

thankful

Now, another week and another antibiotic later, I am thankful to be feeling better...Dad, too.
It was crazy that we both got hit with a flu bug at the same time...kinda wonder if it might have been some kind of food poisoning. I guess it was during Monday night -maybe a 24 hour thing.
I figured out I was allergic to the cat hair on some material of some things that Cyndie was sewing for Christmas that kind of kicked up the allergies for me, and now since it is cold and pollen free outside, I am anxious to see if maybe I have some sort of food or preservative allergy that complicates all the regular allergies. I am glad to have the appointment with the allergist in MKE tomorrow to see if I can get any clue.

Dad got to our Bible study Wed. eve. and we made a trip to Delevan Thurs. where he got some help from a senior advisor on our prescription drug plans and I was glad to be able to do a bit of C. shopping. Friday I enjoyed our Christmas lucheon for our final session of this 6 week ladies' Bible study, and in the evening we went to the wonderful annual Christmas concert at Calvary church with our friends, the Huyetts. That conert always has amazing brasses along with choir and drama . Yesterday we participated in Sarah's 7th birthday celebration. (great party, Amy)
I took some pictures to be able to put on the blog, but promptly left my camera at Caspari's!
-Glad Amy posted pix last night..thanks.

We had church this morning, then Cyndie and Neal hosted a little "open house" where she sold all sorts of purses and bags made by ladies in Thailand to be of support to them.(that came through Cov. missionaries there.) Tonight Dad is watching Emma and Timmy a couple of hours for N and C but I decided it was best for me to stay at home since I can't take antihistimines before my tests tomorrow and I probably had my quota of dog hair for the day :) It is presently raining and in the 40's...will drop 40 degrees in the next 12 hours and be very windy tomorrow.

So we look forward to a good week ahead. I do hope to do a little baking. and very soon we will have the privilege of an extended Christmas holiday with our entire family.
EMANUEL....God with us -everyday and forever!

No comments: