More rhododendren pix -they are so beautiful.
the "kid" section of the sandcastle contest.
creations beginning to take shape.
Thought I'd add another of these so you don't forget what we look like!

I think I forgot last week to tell you that our dear Aunt Vera went to be with her Savior...I'm sure a wonderful reunion of the Heiser sisters, too! We were real glad we stopped to see her on our way out here instead of the return trip. She was always special to me.
We just got back from another nearby beach that we were told had lots of shells. It was beautiful..with less people than the beach in front of us with horses and a "rescue squad" practicing with surfers. I'm worn out as we had to walk quite a ways and it was very windy.
We went one last time to the little Presbyterian church in town this AM and appreciated the service again. I am fascinated by a young HS fellow who plays guitar..very gifted. Afterward we stopped to use Dad's gift card for a blackberry/peach smoothie...yum.
This week I have been thinking lots about "perspective" and wishing I could express to you dear ones how important it is for you to keep your focus on God and not get all wrapped up in the trappings and business of this world that will burn and fade away. Keep trying to understand the Scriptures and not get side tracked on efforts off track from The Kingdom. Your lives will go by so quickly and it is all about eternity. We get so wrapped up in ourselves and our own little world.
I was telling Marilyn on the phone how different this town and camp are from where we have served before. (conference center ministering to whole families,and , of course, not Covenant, but includes people from many different styles of worship, many volunteers, etc.) It is defnitely in a unique place with the small town resort village feel -and on the ocean, not a lake. One of the fun privileges is getting to know the other "long term" volunteers that are presently serving with us.... definitely all kinds. One of my heroes is a 76 year old lady that looks like 60 and is full of energy and adventure. She has recently sky dived and bungee jumped, is learning to knit and play golf and gets her beautiful white hair done at the beauty shop each week. She works in the Book Nook and has a great ministry to the summer staff kids who stop in on quiet evenings.
Another is a lady in her 70's that came to Christ in her older years and is a real kick to listen to.
There was a family with 9 kids that came to volunteer the past 2 weeks-what a fun way to have a "no cost" vacation with purpose. They spent all their evenings on the beach. Dad loved working on the new building with an old carpenter in his 70's with tons of experience and lots of energy. I guess I mentioned how meaningful the devotion/ sharing time is with the other volunteers each morning after breakfast. I had fun ironing with one of the older girls from the big family, and also worked with an interesting lady who always wears purple -retired hairdresser - on a mailing one day, and another even going through all the game cupboard games to add some new and throw out the old with missing pieces.
Yesterday was the sand castle building out in front of the town . We actually got there 2 hours before the judging, so they were just beginning to work on the detail of the bigger ones. Then when the tides comes back in that eve, they all get washed away! (kinda fits my perspective thoughts this week.)
So now we are thinking about our trip home and eager to see you all! It was fun to get Jane's call from Anchorage all excited because Terry and Linda Reynolds had met her at the airport.
We are praying for your week , Jane, and will be looking forward to details when you return.
I'm glad to hear the Wildwood DeVries' are enjoying fishing...would have been such a delight to my Dad to be able to go with you. Casparis, I hope you are able to relax a bit now. and that the surgery procedure will be good and helpful. Gowans, take heart. God's timing is perfect.
We still plan to leave here Sat. AM, the 20th, and go through Rainier Nat. Park to Yakima that night. How long we take to get back will depend upon how tired we are along the way. We will take I90 acros Montana and ND and as of now we told brother Al and Diane that we will probably get to their place at the earliest on Wed. or Thursday (24/25) and then drive on home the next day.
I'll try to include some pix before I close, with our prayers for a great week for everyone. love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment