That was a mighty cold week! (hit some 10 year records). I think the coldest temps were in the minus 20's, but the wind made the wind chill in the minus 30's. We didn't do a whole lot this week..groceries and Bible study. I guess I got Grandpa's bug, so felt kind of lousy the past couple of days, but I am very thankful to be feeling tons better today. I was rather tired out after putting all my energy into playing bass with the worship team at church, but I finally feel like doing something besides sitting with a book or the tube. (wait a minute...tv's don't have tubes anymore, do they?, I guess that's an outdated expression.)
Today we celebrate Cyndie's birthday..well, maybe not together, but we are so thankful that you are part of our family!...Happy Birthday!! !
This afternoon Dad is enjoying reading all about his family history. It started with my handing him the book you gave him a while back, Jane. (A Father's Legacy). As he went to get some dates, he found all kinds of interesting stuff. ..including some pages I just read written by his mom (Muriel) about her school teacher days in a one room school...she was 19 with 33 students in all 8 grades. -had to stoke up the fire and bank it at night and she was janitor, too. She told of walking 12 miles in a snow storm with her dad one day. We have no idea.
Tomorrow we have our annual physicals..I plan to ask Dr. Rosol what she thinks about going to Mayo about my cough. It's been a year now, and I guess I'd like to know if it something that I just need to live with, or can do anything about. It seems so small when my dear colleg friend is struggling terribly with cancer -now hospice help.
They say it will be 40 degrees warmer this week..heat wave. Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment