It sure is great to have the sunshine on the coldest winter days!
We had our annual physicals with Dr. Rosol on Monday, and I was due for a bone desnity test. I spent a lot of time early in the week trying to gather medical records from 4 different places for the Mayo appointment. My cough seems a lot more manageable these days...maybe it will be gone by the Mayo appt. :)
The inauguration was a biggy on Tuesday. How we must pray for this man and our country.
We finally got our evening small group back together this week. (kind of a survey on the Gospels). It was nice to have it here this time and not have to go out . the Tursday night worship team practice is usually at Neal's.
Grandpa and Timmy played out in the snow Wed. AM (while N and C had art class) -before the extreeme cold returned. Friday night Amy called on her way home from school and we made a quick trip down to enjoy Dave's good cooking and get a chance to play with S, B, and K since we hadn't seen them for a while. All 3 are great at puzzles. -they are eager for Benny to get his cast off this week. He gets around amazingly well. I had bought some new begining piano books (on the recommendation of Dianne, my college roommate who has taught piano professionally all these years), so I think Amy or Dave will be Sarah's teacher at first , and she seemed excited. I told them if they like the books they can pass them on to Emma ,if she is interested, when S. goes on to the next in the series. Will be interested to hear how it goes.
Saturday I finally made Cyndie's carrot cake (late birthday) and they stopped in for lunch after their Home Depot (kid's project) trip. Emma and I played Barbies a bit...I guess we may have to break down and purchase a couple of new dolls...they seems to be loosing heads and arms! :)
Timmy is a whiz at Husker du.
Last night was especially fun to go with our friends the Huyetts from Burlington on our belated "birthday dinner" (Sharon and I both have Dec. b-days, but I was kinda sick then.) We went to a real nice restaurant, the Cotton Picker, and split a wonderful steak dinner with straw-rhubarb pie for dessert. We love to be with them (friends from JBU days) because we share so much of the same background and values. ..special privilege.
We got an e mail this week from the folks at Lake Beauty asking if we can come back this winter for a bit. -we are thinking of maybe going on up after or before the Mayo appointment for a couple of weeks.
The sad news is that my special Wheaton friend, Marlene, who has just in the past couple of months found out she had cancer, has already gone to be with the Lord. I am thankful for her sake it went so fast, but sure tough on family. We may go up to Neenah, WI for the funeral this week. (about 3 hours).
Lots of family birthdays coming up...hard to believe Sally Jane is already 9 months old!
Tonight we DeVries are going to help with Auntie Karen's "Chinese New Year's party". -fun that Cyndie will teach them how to use chopsticks . I made candy cookies with choc/butterscotch chips and chinese noodles. Karen and Elaine C. get to have 2 art shows (March and May) in a nearby Antioch, IL. framing shop.
Have a good week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment