Hello all. What beautiful weather this week, and sounds like more to come. Actually, we have had a lot of SUNNY days this winter which has meant a lot even when it's cold.
Dad has been pretty busy all week between painting at Harbor and working on dry wall at Wildwood. I got in a yearly visit to the dentist and a pneumonia shot, and took K and Daisy to the groomer . Karen, Cyndie and I have this thing going where we all "share" our birthday 25% off coupons at Goodwill when our birthdays come around. I found 2 sweaters and 2 sweat shirts for $20 -thanks, Cyndie!
I made cut out valentine cookies to share with the grandkids (and for the church annual mtg.) and had our ladies' I Peter study on Thursday. It was fun one morning to meet our friends, Dick and Rosie Nelson from Rockford for brunch at Daddie Maxwell's in Williams Bay.
Friday was a gorgeous day for skiing, so we went over to watch N, C, E and T a bit , then brought Timmy home to rest while the others finished the afternoon. Sat. we drove down to Casparis to celebrate Dave's birthday. (I had melted my Christmas fudge to make frosting, and the whole top layer slid right off on the way down! ..managed to salvage it, but wasn't too beautiful :)
It was fun to play "school" with both Emma and Sarah this week. They are both excellent readers.
I have to admit I have really enjoyed playing the bass with the worship team. I appreciate Leslie, the leader, a lot. This week since pastor was a Midwinter Conf., she planned a great worship service including lots of people, even kazoos, little kids and flute, etc.
We had our annual meeting after church. It was a special joy to have Neal and Cyndie accepted as new members. Then this aft. the church had an "open gym" at the new activity center at camp -good turn out and fun.
It looks like a busy week ahead, and then we will be off for Rochester and Lake Beauty. At the end of March we will drive down to help the Gowans with their move.
We are applying to possible spend 6-8 weeks volunteering at Cannon Beach Conference Center on the Oregon coast late April (while the trees are blossoming here) . -will keep you posted.
I am so thankful that my cough is the best it has been for over a year. (except for that glorious week in Nome :) I am almost embarassed to go to Mayo, but I know that it is a good thing, too.
Isn't it wonderful to be able to trust our Heavenly Father? Have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment