Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cannon Beach



It was nice to have the weekend off again after a busy week. Dad worked on the new building most of the week -hanging bulletin boards in the dorm rooms, putting in door knobs, etc.
I mostly helped in the laundry room. This weekend was their first "programmed conference'" as compared to rental groups in. That meant that we could eat meals with the guests (families) and attend sessions if we'd like. Yesterday we took time to sleep in as long as we felt like, then after lunch we drove north on 101. We went off on a side road and took a verrrry long bridge across the Columbia river in to WA. -fun to see a few small seaside towns, and even stopped at a DQ. Then after the eve. meal the wind was more calm, so we decided to walk on the beach to "haystack rock". ..about a mile and a half? We walked back through town and were pretty worn out (well, I was) when we got back. This morning we attended the service on the grounds and heard a good Bible teacher.
The sun was nice today so we tried reading on th beach this aft., but the wind was mighty cold and we only lasted about an hour. I took a couple of pix, so thus you get a blog.
A couple of things meaningful to me this week:
I understood Isaiah 46 a little better when we walked all that way last night and I asked Dad if he would "carry me" the last few blocks! (he wouldn't :) I especially like verse 4.
"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you, I will sustain you and rescue you." -pretty great promise.
Then in Acts 3 where Peter heals the crippled beggar. He said "I don't have silver or gold but what I have I give you....." I feel that way with you our dear family...we don't have much worldly possesions to give you , but how I pray that you will understand how amazing it is to walk with God and trust His love and grace. Today the lesson was from Romans 5:1-5. Life here is only a staging time of what is to come...it's not about now, its about then. When life is hard, think of HEAVEN. Invest your life in the world to come. All that is here is pain and frustration, and if you are walking with Christ , Satan will attack. I hope I can see our suffering here as an opportunity to glorify Christ. I don't think we have a clue of His power in us and what He is preparing for us.
That's my sermon for today, folks. We love you all and miss you so much. Can't tell you how much we appreciate your notes blogs, and calls. have a good week!

No comments: