Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday eve

Well, I'm sorry to say I won't be writing my usual "Sunday afternoon update".
the last minute Friday eve. Cyndie called to tell me to get over to the Women's retreat...someone had backed out, and all the big sessions were to be in the new Activities Center instead of the big tent. I was challenged and blessed by the speaker, and tho I didn't get to any seminars, and only one meal (brunch today), I am very thankful for the privilege.

We had already invited John Florance and his wife and kids for sourdoughs Sat. noon.
they have a 4th grade boy and a 2nd grade girl. Neal and the kids came in the afternoon and the 4 kids played reall well together besides taking a short dip in the pool (down to 70 degrees).

Last night I coughed badly again :( -which is hard to understand since I was barely outside.
I did get to the session this AM, but we missed an engagement tonight as I am still coughing.
Pray for wisdom to go to ENT or allergy DR. It seems like just when I start doing better, it starts all over again. Weather has been fantastic all week. Praise God for the beauty of the trees just begining...and His great faithfulness.

3 comments:

Gow_spot said...

oh momma.
soo sorry to hear about the continued frustration with coughing. argh.
i am sorry and will be praying for wisdom for you, dad and the drs.

super cool about the retreat! I love it when God has great surprises for us like that!

we are trusting for a great surprise for Gow's work.

love ya!

Neal D said...

Didn't want to venture a picture this time eh? ;)

Jane D. said...

Take care of yourself...praying!